06 June 2016

Goodbye

Comment here    
categories: 

It's been a long sad six months since my last post.

In my previous post I told you about Mitzi's deteriorating health and that she'd had a seizure. Thankfully that didn't happen again, but the inevitable did. At the start of February we said goodbye to Mitzi. She was 18 and we knew it was going to happen. I'd been preparing myself for it for a long time, but of course it was still one of the worst days of my life. It broke my heart.

And then exactly two months later little Twiggy also died. It felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest on that day. She was 16, but still very much full of life and energy. She was so tough and it was a complete shock. We thought we'd still have a year or two with her. She had extreme kidney failure and we only had a few days to say goodbye.

With Mitzi at Fernkloof Nature Reserve in Hermanus.

Mitzi all fluffy after a bath.

 in the car with Twiggy on the way home after a beach walk.

 Cuddling with Twiggy.

This year has been devastating. I'm not the same person I was a few months ago. It's something I'd been considering for a while and now I'm convinced that it's time to stop Bamboo Blossom.

We also moved to Stellenbosch and I turned 30 this year. It feels like a natural point in my life to stop this blog. I'm not going to delete it because I enjoy looking back at it and still often use it to find recipes I've shared before.

It's been 6 years since I started. It feels so much longer to me. Thank you to everyone who read my posts and commented. I appreciate every comment and loved meeting you.

If you want to stay in touch:
- I will be back on my personal Instagram at some point in the future if you want to stay in touch.
- I'm also blogging at Terrapin and Toad and run our social media over there.

Best wishes

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...