24 August 2015

What I'm packing for two weeks in Belgium - Random

Comment here    
categories: 

Hey guys. I wrote this post before I left, but I'm waiting to board my flight home now. I did a pretty good job with the packing, but I'll do a post about what I'll do differently next time.

This is everything that didn't go into the toiletries and clothes posts. These are my favourite types of posts to read, all those little things you might not have thought to bring along. I don't think I included any brilliant tips, but it's always nice to compare lists to make sure you don't forget anything important.


I'm going to be in Belgium for two weeks so other than my prescription medicine and passport, nothing I forget will be a big deal. I could either get by without it or buy it there. I've read the advice to take half as much stuff and twice as much money so many times now. It's not the most practical advice for budget travelling, but I think it's good to remind yourself that there's no need to worry too much. Try to be prepared so that you don't have to waste money, but remember that mistakes can be fixed.

Martinus bought a sim card while he was in Germany and there's still some airtime left on it, so I will be using that in Belgium. There's so many options these days. There are special travellers' sim cards, local sim cards and the option to use your regular sim card with roaming charges, It's best to research which option is best for you depending on where you're going. If free wi-fi is widely available you might not even need a sim card, but I like the option of making calls in an emergency.

Medical
Prescription medicine
Pain killers
Sleep aid (I don't use sleeping pills, but pills that help me relax so that I can fall asleep easily)
Plasters (Adhesive bandages/Band-aids)

On the plane
Passport
Ticket info
Accommodation info
Pens
Travel journal (My grandma told me to write down what I do each day on holiday years ago, but I always think I'll remember)
Notebook
Sleep mask
Neck pillow (I decided to get a firm bulky one because I don't want to wake up lying on a stranger's shoulder. This is one aspect where travelling with someone else is much nicer.)
Ear plugs
Headphones
Headphone adapter
Earphones (For when my ears hurt from the headphones)
Tissues
Lip balm
Hand moisturiser
Face moisturiser (Look for unscented products because lots of people are allergic or sensitive to certain scents)
Deodorant
Antibacterial wipes/spray
Eye drops (I have really dry eyes)
Nail clippers and nail file (I always seem to need them when I don't have them)
Book and bookmark
Gum
Toothpicks
Granola bars (Just in case. I don't usually take along snacks on a plane because I'm one of the few people who actually like plane food.)

Electronic
Phone
Phone charger
Powerbank (Remember to charge it. My phone charger has two USB ports so I can charge the phone and the powerbank)

Handy items
Duct tape
Clothing pegs
Safety pins
Zip-lock bags
Umbrella
Laundry bag
Reusable shopping bag

Safety
Flash light
Door stop (An easy and cheap way to prevent your door being opened.)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...