01 July 2015

Homemade granola

Comment here    
categories: , ,

Hey guys. Can you believe it's July already?! It feels like time is just going by faster and faster as I get older and I'm not even 30 yet. Martinus came back from his trip to Germany last week and I'm so excited for my Belgium trip. We're both wishing we'd taken a shorter vacation together instead of longer separate trips, but I am very excited to get away and see a new country. Everything is planned, so now I'm just waiting.

I made some granola last night. I looked at a few recipes before and then just mixed together a bunch of things we had in the kitchen. There's lots of different textures and there's not much oil or sugar in so it's quite healthy. I used coconut oil for the flavour, but I can't taste it so I might just leave it out next time. I might also try it without sugar because it's also not very sweet. I prefer that because you can just add sugar when you eat it. This morning we had it with a smoothie bowl, so we didn't need any extra sugar.


Cinnamon carob granola

Dry ingredients

2 cups oats
1 cup rye flakes
1 cup popped millet
1/2 cup buckwheat groats
1 cup pecan nuts
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons carob

Wet ingredients

1/8 cup coconut oil
1/8 cup apple sauce/purée
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence

Method

  • Mix the wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls and then together.
  • Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet.
  • Bake for 30-40 minutes at 150℃, mixing halfway.
  • Let cool.
  • Eat.
I hope you like it!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...