28 April 2015

ELL at Spookfontein

Comment here    
categories: , ,

We've been wanting to try ELL Restaurant at Spookfontein wines for a long time. This weekend we finally went there for lunch with family. It's in the Hemel and Aarde Valley in Hermanus and the view is incredible. They also had lots of vegan options for us to choose from.


 


For starters we had the vegetable spring rolls. They were some of the best I've ever had. Most vegetable spring rolls I've eaten were bland with only salt and no other seasoning, but these were perfect. I ordered the vegan chilli which was one of the specials and Martinus tried the vegetable curry from the menu. Both were delicious and flavourful. For dessert we had the vegan chocolate mousse (made with avocados) and soy cappuccinos. It's so nice not having to take along soy milk to a restaurant. Next time I want to try a pizza. They have Violife cheese and I've only ever had vegan cheese on homemade pizzas.





ELL is a beautiful restaurant in a gorgeous setting with delicious food and friendly service. I would eat there again any time.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...