06 March 2015

Carob Peanut Butter Freezer Fudge


categories: , ,

This fudge recipe is so easy to make and so addictive that you might wish you'd never discovered it. But it's worth it because it's absolutely delicious.


I'd never tried carob before a few years ago and that was a disappointment. I'd always heard carob described as a chocolate alternative and the carob cake I tried tasted fruity and nothing at all like chocolate. I only tried carob again when I made this fudge and fell in love. I was surprised that it was quite chocolatey, but a lighter fruitier version than what you get from cacao powder. It's also naturally sweet so perfect when you want to use less sugar. There's a bit of cocoa in the fudge too so you get a great complex chocolate flavour.

I used peanut butter instead of almond butter because it's more affordable and the best chocolate combination in my opinion. I think any crunchy cereal would work in this. I used something called Organix Choco Balls that I can't find anymore. It doesn't have enough flavour for me as cereal, but it's perfect in this fudge. I doubled the cereal to make the fudge go further.

I just couldn't stop eating it and after writing this post I'm going to make another batch.