23 February 2015

Roasted sweet potato and lentil salad


I made this delicious salad for the first time in January and it has fast become one of my favourite dishes. I cook this for lunch at least once a week. The flavours are interesting, but comforting and there's not much active time. I chop the sweet potatoes and put them in the oven to roast. Then I start frying the spices and chop an onion to add to the pot. When the onion is cooked I add the lentils and stock and leave it to cook. I can then go on with my work until everything's cooked and add the herbs and red wine vinegar. Another thing I love about this recipe is that it's still good if you change the ingredients. I have left out the cumin seeds and red wine vinegar before and it was still good. I have also replaced the rocket with coriander and spinach and both worked. I think this is the perfect affordable, healthy and satisfying meal.