09 December 2014

Loving lately #4


My last Loving Lately post was eight months ago. I have definitely loved things in that time, but I haven't been taking photos.

 1. Bamboo toothbrush
We usually buy the cheapest toothbrushes, but decided to try these environmentally friendly bamboo toothbrushes. They're 100% biodegradable. They also last for ages and need to be replaced less often than the ones we used before. I read that another blogger removes the bristles of the old ones and uses them as markers in her garden. I'm not much of a gardener but I'd love to find a way to re-use the beautiful wood.

2. Banana ice cream
Banana ice cream has been around for a long time, but I thought I needed a food processor to make it. A few months ago I tried making some with my hand blender's chopper attachment and it worked perfectly. It's amazing that you can make something so delicious and creamy with fruit. We've tried plain, strawberry, peanut butter and chocolate mint flavours so far. If you've never tried banana ice cream, read this.

3. Dried peaches
Another fruity snack. I buy these at the Hermanus Country Market and they are soft, sweet and delicious.

4. Gilmore Girls
I've been watching Gilmore Girls again. I had a huge crush on Jess back when I watched it on tv, but now I'm much more interested in the guys Lorelai dates. It's really interesting to see Melissa McCarthy in the first role I saw her in again, it's so different from what she's doing now. I never saw the last episode, so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.