12 November 2014

Cosecha restaurant


categories: ,

During our stay at Vrede en Lust, we stopped at the nearby Cosecha Restaurant at Noble Hill wine estate for an afternoon snack. We were very disappointed with the vegan options in Franschhoek and were pleasantly surprised by the delicious food at Cosecha.

The menu looked really good, but we only had the fresh guacamole and I'd really like to go back and try more dishes.




Instead of bread rolls they served this little chickpea dip with tortilla chips. It was so flavourful and perfectly balanced. I could've eaten a lot more of this.



The guacamole is served with the pestle and mortar that's used to make it. The chilli powder they serve with it is incredible and you can tell it was made by someone who loves food. I'm often surprised by the lack of herbs and spices in restaurant food. In my opinion it's one of the most important parts and can make a delicious meal out of even the most basic ingredients.



The setting is also beautiful and we had the perfect relaxing afternoon.


I haven't been blogging much lately because one of our dogs, Twiggy, has been ill. I mentioned that she hurt her neck in my beach post, but we discovered more problems after that. It's quite serious, but with the help of our vet and lots of special attention and food she seems to be improving. I might do a post about it and give more info once she has recovered fully.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...