06 June 2014

Vegan coffee ice cream

Comment here    
categories: , ,

I haven't made ice cream in a long time because our freezer didn't have space for the ice cream maker bowl. I finally cleared it out last week and the first thing I wanted to make was ice cream. I used Vegan Dad's Vanilla Ice Cream recipe and added instant coffee. It's a simple combination of soy and coconut milk, thickened with arrowroot powder. Something interesting I learnt is that arrowroot and tapioca flour are the same thing, but for some reason it's more expensive when labelled as arrowroot.

We had friend's over and I made the Baked Chocolate Cheesecake from my birthday party again. I really wanted to make ice cream too and thought coffee would be the perfect combination. It was a great success.

Taste testing :) 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...