21 May 2014

Vegan party menu

Comment here    
categories: ,

My birthday party was this weekend and I'm so happy with how it turned out. I'm usually over ambitious and end up spending a lot of time on the food preparation and then being too tired to enjoy the party. This year I decided to keep things simple. I bought crackers, bread and crisps and made a few easy dips and toppings. Since I kept the food easy, I baked three different cakes.

Recipes:
The milk tart was made from a premix and my least favourite of the three. The filling was good, but the crust was way too salty. I'll try make my own next time. The pineapple upside down cake is a recipe I've wanted to try for more than a year and love how it turned out. I'd never made caramel before and was worried it would burn, but it was surprisingly easy. The chocolate cheesecake was my favourite and I can't wait to make it again. It tasted exactly the way I'd hoped it would. My favourite cake used to be flour-less chocolate cake and this had exactly the same texture. It was even gluten free since I used gluten free biscuits for the base.

Desserts:
Drinks:
This photo was taken by my friend Chane, you can find her Instagram feed here.

It's been a wonderful week since my birthday. Keep an eye on my Instagram account for some photos of the great presents I received.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...