17 April 2014

Vegan chocolate chip vanilla pudding pie


I've been reading the Vegan Richa blog for a while now, but only started making some of the recipes this year. When I saw this Chocolate chip pudding pie recipe on her Instagram, I knew I had to try it. I love chocolate chips, there's something addictive about biting into them.
This pie was really easy to make. You don't need an oven, only a stove top. You might even be able to make it in a microwave if you're careful. A blender is a must have for the crust, but you could use a different crust if you wanted.
My favourite part turned out to be the crust. It's made from nuts, dates and coconut. I was expecting it to crumble, but it worked so well and I could easily press it into the pie dish. I'm going to try it with other filling too. The filling is made with non-dairy milk and thickened with rice flour and cornstarch. We only had brown rice flour and I think it made the filling slightly gritty but it wasn't very noticeable when combined with the other ingredients. It was difficult to wait for the filling to cool down, I was so anxious to try it with the chocolate chips. All of this is topped with one of the best things in the world, chocolate ganache.
I halved the recipe since we're only two, but we did end up taking some of it to a picnic with Chane and her husband.

So if you love chocolate and chocolate chips or need an easy yet impressive dessert, try this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...