24 April 2014

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Granola

Comment here    
categories: , , ,

My favourite childhood cereal was Choc Bitz. It's described as "Delicious Oat Cereal clusters with real milk chocolate chips". I recently saw them in the supermarket and wondered if I'd be able to make a vegan version. A few days later I saw David Lebovitz' Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Granola on Instagram. It was meant to be.


Chocolate chips are supposed to be made with baking-resistant chocolate, but mine melted. I haven't used this brand before, so I don't know how it reacts in other things like cookies. I saw that a few people mentioned this in the comments. It doesn't really matter because it's still delicious and it made my milk chocolatey. I don't think that will happen with whole chocolate chips. Next time I'll just add them after baking the granola because I love the texture of whole chocolate chips. I used golden syrup instead of maple syrup. It's delicious, but very sweet, so I'll try using only half of the syrup next time. The mixture was delicious even before I baked it and I couldn't resist eating some of it straight out of the oven with soy milk. The warm chocolate melted into the milk and it was incredible.



This turned out to be even better than Choc Bitz or any other chocolatey cereal I've ever had. It's not an everyday breakfast at all, but it's perfect for an occasional treat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...