11 March 2014

Baked Fig & Cashew Spinach Salad


One of my favourite things at our house is the fig tree. Figs are pretty hard to find and very expensive when you do. I only had fresh figs for the first time about 4 years ago. Before that I'd only ever eaten fig jam. Our house in Stanford had a fig tree and I was very happy that we found a house in Hermanus that also has a fig tree. Half of the tree doesn't have any leaves or figs. The other half has very few leaves, but enough figs for us to pick a few each day.


I was looking for a salad recipe to use some of our figs in and this was the only one I found that we had most of the ingredients for. I wasn't sure I'd like this Baked Fig & Walnut Spinach Salad, but it was delicious. We didn't have walnuts, so I used cashews. The roasted figs were incredible and I'd eat them every day if I could. I was surprised at how well they worked with the slightly pickled onions. Definitely try this if you feel like experimenting or have extra figs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...