27 March 2014

Avocado, cucumber & tomato soup



I found this recipe on Pinterest, but unfortunately the link doesn't go anywhere and I haven't been able to track down the original recipe. I've done an image search and searched for the ingredients, but no luck. Since there's no original recipe to link to, I'm going to share it with you here.

This is the Pinterest description:

"One raw avocado , half a cucumber, one mini yellow tomato, a teaspoon lime juice, cup of water , vegan chicken broth and black pepper... in Vitamix until warm and smooth... make two yummy tummy soup !!!"

I only made some small changes. Since I didn't want to burn out my stick blender by trying to blend the soup until it was warm, I made it in a pot. I was afraid that the soup would be too dull, so I fried a teaspoon of garlic and a spring onion before adding the other ingredients. I used 3 yellow cherry tomatoes and one cup of vegan chicken broth with no extra water. When it was all heated through, I used the soup blender attachment right in the pot.

I was pleasantly surprised by all the flavours in this almost instant soup. I was expecting it to be a bit thicker because of the avocado, but it was quite a thin soup and the avocado only added richness. It went perfectly with this delicious healthy seed bread. I haven't made this bread in a few months, but we have rediscovered it and are eating it every week again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)