07 February 2014

Middle eastern style salad


categories: ,

I discovered this salad one day when I was really hungry, but had no inspiration for lunch. I found the Middle eastern style salad in our Mouthwatering Vegan recipe book, but luckily it's on the website so you can try it too. What I love about this salad is that even though I've never had all the ingredients when I made it, it's always delicious. It's also perfect if you're not a big lettuce fan. Instead there's three different fresh herbs in here and dried mint in the dressing. The dressing also has curry powder and I use is the Cape Malay Curry Powder from Woolworths.

You can basically just use whatever ingredients you have available for this salad and as long as you have the dressing, the beans, tomato and cucumber, I think it will be perfect. Sometimes we don't have red peppers or sprouts or all the herbs, so I just leave it out. We like to use butter beans instead of cannellini beans and I'm sure any beans you have on hand will work.

This has turned into a staple recipe at our house and I love how quickly I can make it.



The Instagram photo from the first time I made this, we added some fake chicken pieces too.