14 February 2014

Beet and Vegan Feta Tabbouleh

Comment here    
categories: , ,

I don't have a special Valentines post for you, but I think this Beet and Feta Tabbouleh is appropriate since the red beetroot gives the other ingredients a pink tinge when mixed. Oh, and the red onions also add to the pinkish colour. I used the vegan feta recipe from the Mouthwatering Vegan cookbook and it's worth buying the book just for that recipe. It's made from cashews and baked. At first I thought it didn't taste cheesy enough, but as soon as you add it to food it's amazing. We also made spinach and feta pies that were incredibly authentic.

I don't like beetroot very much and I never know how to cook it, but this tabbouleh has changed my mind. I decided to roast the beetroot instead of boiling it and this was a very good idea. The roasted beetroot was incredibly sweet and paired perfectly with the salty feta and vinegary dressing. Another thing I don't usually like is parsley, but I've learned that it's delicious when used in the right way. Like in this salad.



Happy Valentines Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...