01 November 2013

Easy chickpea salad (Fake tuna salad)


Wow, it's November already and it still doesn't feel like summer or even spring. We only have a few warm sunny days here and there. I donated blood again yesterday and I didn't cry like I did the first time. The second time should've been back in August, but I had a cold and couldn't donate. I didn't want to go last month, because I want to go with Martinus. It was much better than the first time. My arm was numb, but I felt fine.

This is a recipe I created. I've seen many chickpea salad recipes before, but I didn't have the right ingredients when I wanted to try it one day and made up this recipe. I used a pickled onion because I didn't feel like cutting up a regular onion, but I like the milder taste. We love it and I've made it several times since then. I don't usually like pickles, but they work perfectly in this salad. I don't measure the ingredients, so these amounts are just an estimate. If you want more or less of a certain ingredient, go ahead and change it.

Chickpea salad

Blend together the following ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup dill pickle juice
  • 1 or 2 dill pickles
  • 1 small pickled onion (3cm diameter)
  • 1/2 teaspoon kelp powder
  • 1 tablespoon mayonaisse
Mash a 400g tin of chickpeas into the sauce or add the chickpeas to the blender and blend until you're happy with the consistency.

I serve this on top of a mixture of lettuce, cucumber and grated carrot. I think it would be great on a sandwich, but I haven't tried it yet.


Remember to enter my giveaway with Firmoo over here. It ends in only 3 days. Have a great weekend.

Update: If yo're going to blend the chickpeas in a blender, be careful. I usually use our blender's chopping attachment ans that works perfectly. Yesterday I used the regular blending attachment and it turned out much smoother. But I found out that this also makes a delicious dip/spread.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...