15 October 2013

Herbed nut and seed mix

Martinus did a long drive with his dad and he wanted to take along some healthy food for the road. I made the delicious YumUniverse Herbed roasted cashews from my YU30 challenge Pinterest board. I used one cup of cashews and half a cup each of sunflower and pumpkin seeds. I didn't have celery, so I left that out.


You mix together onion, garlic, celery and lots of different fresh herbs. I used dried herbs for the ones I didn't have. I didn't want to chop it all, so I just put it in the blender.



There's no added oil in this recipe, so it's very healthy. Before baking:


After baking:


All these flavours work together really well and we're definitely going to be making this again. It was difficult not to finish everything before the trip.

I also made the Creamy millet and kale salad and Herbed chickpea flatbread from YumUniverse and the Spicy peanut tofu rice salad from The Lunchbox Bunch. They also took along dried mango. What's your favourite road trip food?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)