25 September 2013

Creamy Spinach and Quinoa Salad

I'm participating in the YU30 Fall Challenge from YumUniverse. It's not Fall here, but since this is not a set program and more about the support and participation that doesn't matter. This challenge is meant to encourage you to test drive a clean, plant-based, gluten-free diet for thirty full days. We're already eating plant based and we generally only eat wheat on the weekends. I decided to take part to encourage myself to start exercising, try some new recipes and plan my meals better.

I often don't know what I'm going to make for dinner and then look for recipes based on the ingredients we have at home. That works most days, but sometimes I'm tired or don't have much time. I created a Pinterest board with some of the YumUniverse recipes I want to try this week and bought the ingredients we needed. Now I have a few recipes in the back of my mind during the week and I know we have the right ingredients.

I found a new favourite recipe today, Creamy Millet and Kale Salad. I used quinoa and baby spinach instead, but this recipe is all about the delicious sauce. Oh my gosh, the sauce. It's so so good and I'm going to be making it at least once a week from now on. I made the full recipe and we only used half, so I'm going to make Herb Roasted Vegetables and rice to eat with the left over sauce for dinner.


The warm sauce and quinoa makes the spinach wilt slightly.


It was so good that even the dogs wanted some vegetables :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)