18 July 2013

Cape Dutch Coconut Hot Chocolate Review

Comment here    
categories: , ,
After the trip to Caledon with Chane, we stopped at the Dassiesfontein Farm Stall on our way back. This store is packed with a very wide variety of products, everything from clothes and shoes to homewares and food. We both bought beanies for our men and a few food products. I bought mustard seeds, tea and this coconut hot chocolate. Usually I just use cocoa powder to make hot chocolate, but since there are so few vegan convenience foods available, I had to try this.


It's made by TeaSpresso. The ingredients are coconut sugar, coconut cream powder, cocoa and tapioca starch. Coconut sugar has a low GI of only 35, so it's suitable for diabetics too. You can make hot chocolate with water or any type of milk. I used soy milk for mine. There were tiny white bits that didn't dissolve, but I couldn't taste or feel them at all.



I really liked the hot chocolate. It wasn't very sweet, so you might want to add more sugar depending on you taste. I didn't add any. There's also a recipe for frappé on the back and I'd love to try it when we have warm weather again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...