06 June 2013

Thrifty Thursday # 4 - Vintage double collar navy wool dress


This is another vintage dress that needed new buttons. Luckily this one is a winter dress, so I can wear it now. It's wool and a bit scratchy, so I need to wear something under it. I took these photos at our old house and was in a big hurry to take the dress off after taking the photos. I didn't even realise how wrinkled it was until now.


I think I should shorten it to about knee length. What do you guys think? I'm not sure about this in-between length. There's a lot of volume around the top and I think slightly less fabric at the bottom will balance it out.



I'm in love with the sheer double collar. It's my favourite part of this dress.


The dress had a shiny purple satin bow right above the top button and purple buttons. I didn't think it matched the dress, so I removed the bow and added new buttons. I finally used the brass buttons Alex sent me with our package swap last year.


Please share your own thrifty finds below.


This link party was created to bring together all of you thrifty bloggers! So link up with your blog post showing your recent thrifted finds! 

1. Follow your hosts through GFC or Bloglovin'
2. Link your post with your thirfted things. (can be from thrift stores, flea markets, swap meets, craigslist, estate sales, etc)
3. Visit one another. Make new friends! 
4. Grab the button and add it to your blog.
5. Share this with your friends! Let's grow this awesome link party!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...