12 April 2013

Vegan pecan pie

Comment here    
categories: ,
Ok, these photos are actually of a cashew and walnut pie, but that doesn't sound as good as pecan pie. I did make this delicious Pecan Pie Recipe twice during December, but never took photos of it. I made it for Christmas and everyone loved it so much that they requested another one. Then my parents came to visit in January and I had to make it for them too, but I didn't have pecan nuts, so I used what I had. It turned out that these nuts had more oil than the pecans, but after some blotting it was perfect. I made this pie crust. It's not healthy at all, but it's very easy and so good.


Here's the ingredients for the pie filling. I used unrefined coconut oil instead of the vegan butter/margarine. I think it might have made it even better. I also doubled the ingredients to fill the pie crust, but used slightly less oil. I used 6 tablespoons instead of 8.


I added a bit of vanilla powder too.



There wasn't oil on top when I made this with the pecan nuts, so if I ever substitute the nuts again, I'll use less oil.


I poured off most of the oil and then blotted it with a paper towel.



Perfect gooey deliciousness.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...