25 April 2013

Thrifty Thursday #1 - Vintage Tripod


Welcome to my first Thrifty Thursday post. I'm so excited to be part of this and get to share with more people and find new blogs. A few months ago I had no idea what the term link party meant and now I'm a co-host! For my first post I'm sharing my most amazing find ever.

I was shopping with ChanĂ© when I spotted this little leather pouch. At first I thought it was a miniature golf bag, but when we looked inside it was a beautiful vintage Kinegon tripod. This is the very best thing I've ever found. At R100 ($11) it was also the most expensive, but still a bargain.

I have a mini tripod, but I've been looking for a full size one for a while. A few weeks ago I found a second-hand tripod and the seller said they were going to be in Hermanus two weeks later so I didn't have to pay for shipping. When I contacted them to find out where to meet them, I found out that they'd sold it to someone else. I was so disappointed, but now I'm happy that I didn't get that tripod.



I still need to figure out what all the little parts do, but I know enough to use it.



The top part folds down neatly to fit into the pouch.


Turning the little wheel with Kinegon on it makes this middle part move up.


Fully extended for inspection.


This tripod is incredibly beautiful, I love it. Please share your own thrift finds below. You can find the button in my sidebar.



This link party was created to bring together all of you thrifty bloggers! So link up with your blog post showing your recent thrifted finds! 

1. Follow your hosts through GFC or Bloglovin'
2. Link your post with your thirfted things. (can be from thrift stores, flea markets, swap meets, craigslist, estate sales, etc)
3. Visit one another. Make new friends! 
4. Grab the button and add it to your blog.
5. Share this with your friends! Let's grow this awesome link party!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...