08 March 2013

Vegan Cinnamon Roll Cake

Comment here    
categories: , ,
I wasn't planning on posting about this recipe, but when it came out of the oven it looked too good not to. I made quite a few changes to the original recipe. First I made it vegan by using soy milk, egg replacer and vegan margarine.  This recipe has a lot of butter and sugar in it and it seemed very excessive to me. I completely left out the butter in the dough recipe and just used more soy milk instead. I also halved the sugar and butter in the topping. I didn't even make the final glaze because it was sweet enough for me without it. I might make the glaze if I was making this as a proper dessert cake. This time I just had a cinnamon dough craving.





One of the commenters said the whole cake tastes like the inside of a cinnamon roll and I completely agree with that. Mine was a little dry around the edges, so make sure to swirl the cinnamon mixture right up to the edge of the pan.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)