01 February 2013

Pumpkin seed pesto

Comment here    
categories: , , ,
We eat salad most days for lunch and I'm always looking for new recipes to try or fun things to add in. Instead of the usual toasted nuts and seeds topping, I decided to try this Pumpkin seed pesto recipe.


I usually just toast nuts and seeds in a pan instead of in the oven. I don't usually use any oil, but it's needed for the pesto here.


This is our regular salad basics: lettuce, carrot, cucumber, tomato, baked smoked tofu. I didn't even eat salad until last year and now I make my own salad dressing. It's amazing how your taste can change. I hardly ever ate vegetables a few years ago and now it's all I eat.


This pesto is really delicious and we didn't even need salad dressing, just a pile of pesto. I actually ate way too much, not something that usually happens with salad. I didn't blend it very much to keep some whole pumpkin seeds. I used lime juice instead of lemon. I might have used more coriander, I just grabbed a handful instead of measuring it.


I will probably make this pesto a lot from now on. I never thought of adding pesto to salad, but it's such a great addition.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...