18 February 2013

Liebster Award

Comment here    
categories: , ,
Diane from Diane Writes nominated me for this last year, but I'm only getting around to answering it now.

For those who are not familiar with the Liebster Award here's a description passed on to every blogger

It’s an award that was reputedly started in Germany in order to give smaller bloggers recognition for their hard work. You receive this award from a fellow blogger that feels your blog is both worthy & important to them.  

A blogger who receives this award should: 
1. Post 11 facts about yourself. 
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create 11 questions. 
3. Nominate 11 people to give this award to (with fewer than 200 followers) and link them in your post. 



A photo I took in Hermanus last year. I can't do a post without at least one photo, even if it's unrelated :)

Here's my answers and questions.

11 Facts About Myself


1. I don't like quotes. Quotes are really big on Pinterest and on blogs (and on plates and posters and clothes and...), but I'm really over them.

2. I love dogs AND cats. It seems like most of the bloggers I follow are self-confessed cat ladies with a few dog lovers here and there. We have three dogs at the moment and I adore them, but I've had cats in the past and I loved them too. They're all special with their own personalities and pros and cons.

3. I love basil. The first time I had fresh basil was years ago on a pizza. I hated it. Back then I hardly ever ate vegetables and fresh leaves were just too much for me. Then I has basil pesto for the first time a few years later and I couldn't believe how amazing it was. Now I especially love basil in salads. 

4. I didn't eat salad until 2011.

5. I only got my driver's license the 6th time I went for the test.

6. I've always wanted curly hair. I permed my hair twice, the first time was when I was in primary school. It was fun, but it's really awkward to grow out. I've accepted my straight hair, but sometimes when I see someone with great curls, I still wish they were mine.

7. I did ballet for a few years during primary school.

8. I'm very clumsy. I'm always walking into things or hitting some part of my body against things.

9. I used to be almost obsessed with earrings and now I hardly wear them. I think it's because my ears seem to have become more sensitive and start itching after a few minutes of wearing earrings. I want to replace some of the hooks with hypo-allergenic ones and see if it makes a difference.

10. We want to learn French this year.

11. I like grocery shopping. This is probably because I don't have kids, but I love looking at all the new products. I'm trying to buy less things we don't really need this year because we've run out of space. I should only try out one new product at a time.

Diane's questions  

1. What would be your ultimate goal for 2013?

To be more organized. Becoming and trying to stay organized is a lifelong goal for me.

2. What is that thing you can't live without?

Chocolate. 

3. What is your favorite book of all time?
I have no idea. I haven't been reading enough the past few years.

4. Who is your greatest crush?

My boyfriend, Martinus. It's our 4 year anniversary next month!

5. What is the most important electronic gadget you own?

This is so difficult. I'm going to have to choose my laptop over my phone. I know I can use the internet on my phone, but nothing compares to a full-size screen.

6. Identify one thing you wanted to purchase for 2013.

I really need to get some rain-proof shoes. I used to live in a summer rainfall area and now my winter shoes get soaked way too often.

7. What is your greatest fear?

I live in a country with a very high crime rate, so obviously my greatest fears are related to that, but I'm going to choose something slightly more lighthearted for this. Spiders. Luckily I've only seen 2 really big ones since we moved here.

8. Happiest moment of your life in 2012
Our evening swims in Thailand.

9. What was your greatest accomplishment in 2012?

Managing to only pack one backpack for a month in Thailand.

10. Identify one person you want to meet 

Kate from Scathingly Brilliant. She's so adorable and I can't help but think that we could be friends if we ever met. I'm basically stalking her.

11. Why do you love blogging? 

Because I'm an internet addict.

My nominees

I'm supposed to nominate bloggers now, but so few of the ones I follow have less than 200 followers and I also don't want to leave anyone out. I decided to just create some questions for anyone who feels like answering them. I think anyone reading my blog deserves an award. Please comment if you decide to do this so I can go read your answers.

My questions

1. If you could love anywhere in the world, where would it be?
2. How many languages do you know?
3. What's your all-time favourite cake flavour?
4. What product have you seen on the internet that you wish you could find in your country?
5. Do you make new years resolutions?
6. What movie are you looking forward to this year?
7. Do you prefer sweet or savoury breakfasts?
8. Do you exercise?
9. What's your favourite piece of clothing?
10. Are you an introvert or extrovert?
11. Do you have a nickname?







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...