11 January 2013

Chocolate Zucchini Muffins

3 comments    
categories: ,
We have two fridges, because we've both lived alone before moving in together. It's not completely necessary, but it's very handy. We eat a lot of fruit and vegetables, so it's nice to be able to have space for everything and extra space for the the ice cream maker bowl, cakes, leftovers etc. Unfortunately they both stopped working over the holiday period. I tried to use as much of the food before it went bad, so I decided to make Lindsay from Happy Herbivore's Chocolate Zucchini Muffins.


I didn't have any applesauce, so I used an extra banana. The bananas were small, so I also added an extra one. They were very very ripe. I was planning to make banana bread anyway, but with this recipe I could use them up too without making something extra.


There's a whole cup of zucchini/baby marrow/courgette in here, but you'd never know.


I didn't add the optional extra half cup of sugar, because I wanted to keep them as healthy as possible. There's no oil in this recipe other than whatever is already in the ingredients and only half a cup of sugar. I added a few chocolate chips, but next time I'll try some chopped nuts.




This recipe is easy, healthy and delicious. I'll definitely make it again in the future.



3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I was so surprised by their taste, you'd never guess they're healthy.

      Delete
  2. Oh! I just made a batch of chocolate zucchini brownies on the weekend for this week's Foodie Friday! :) These look super yum! New follower from the blog hop x

    http://myvintagepie.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)