20 January 2013

30 days, 30 bags project: Day 7

I saw this crochet hook case from Namolio on Etsy last year and loved it. I can't crochet, but I've been collecting vintage doilies for a few months to make flaps with. Today I tried it for the first time and I love the results.


I decided to use a plain olive fabric to let the doily details stand out. I like that this doily isn't round, but has a very interesting geometric edge.


It closes with a small sparkly lavender button. It's the only bright colour on the outside and it matches the lining.



I just had to use a patterned lining again and I think it really compliments the pretty doily.








This bag is now available here.

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Love it!

    http://threeinchstitch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm so happy with how it turned out.

      Delete
  2. I love seeing the inspiration and then your take on it, looks great and love how you added your own style. Particularly enamored with that floral lining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really love using patterned linings now. I only started doing it when I started this project and I can't believe I didn't try it sooner.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)