28 January 2013

30 days, 30 bags project: Day 15

This day started out really frustrating. I woke up very late, but still exhausted and I couldn't find any fabric combinations I liked. I knew I wanted to make another vintage doily flap, but I was struggling to match anything with the doily I originally chose. In the end I started working on this bag, but I wasn't completely convinced that it would look good. Martinus suggested that I try a different doily and suddenly everything worked and I was really happy. Sometimes you just need a little help.

This textured green fabric is a leftover from a custom order I made a few years back. It's really stiff so it's perfect for making a bag that stands upright. It looks so fresh and bright combined with the white doily.


I used this knitted strip for the strap. It matches the fabric perfectly.


The little red button just gives a tiny dot of shiny contrast.


I love this lining with the tiny heart flowers. I've had it for a while, but this is the first time I've used it.


So now it's 15 days done, 15 to go. I've had some difficult days, but overall it's been really good and I think this project was a great idea.







This bag is  now available here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...