24 January 2013

30 days, 30 bags project: Day 11

We got home late today, but I still managed to make my bag for the day. I've had this idea in my head for  a few days. I used this embroidered fabric doily that I had originally planned on making covered buttons with. I  paired it with a dusty pink woven texture fabric.


It looks so pretty.


Unfortunately I accidentally sewed the flap on the wrong way round and this is what it actually looks like when closed. It's not a very difficult mistake to fix, but it's going to have to wait until I've had some sleep.


I used the same fabric for the lining and strap. I've used this fabric a few times this week and I'm still surprised that it matches so many different things. All the colours on the doily are also on the lining.


This is the last time I'm going to use this pattern during this project, I'll try something new tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)