14 December 2012

Vegan, gluten-free "french toast"

1 comment    
categories: , , ,
I made Chocolate-covered Katie's Eggy breakfast bread over the weekend. The best description I can think for it is that it tastes like french toast. If you read my post about Socca, you'll remember that I also said it tasted like there was some egg in it. Chickpea flour gives a really surprising and wonderful texture.


For the topping I just cooked some cut strawberries in a pan with a little water until they pretty much disintegrated. I added a tiny sprinkling of sugar and some dessicated coconut too. Then I sprinkled some almond slivers over the top and topped it with half a fresh strawberry.


I love this recipe and I'll definitely make it again. I'll try a little extra sugar in the dough next time though. I also want to try a savoury version some time.


1 comment:

  1. I like this post so much: this cake is wonderful and it seems really delicuous!
    What about following each other? Cosa mi metto???
    Win a Daniel Wellington watch!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...