21 December 2012

Vegan chocolate mint cupcakes

2 comments    
categories: ,
We bought Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World and I've been waiting for the perfect opportunity to make some cupcakes. I got it when I was invited to an early Christmas dinner to help out my friends with a photoshoot for their website. You can see their post by clicking here.


I decided on the Chocolate Mint cupcakes. I love this flavour combination but somehow never thought to try it in cake.




I made the icing while the cupcakes were in the oven. I've had really bad luck with icing the last few months, so I was very happy that this turned out so perfectly. The recipe uses shortening, but since I haven't seen vegan shortening in South Africa I used coconut oil instead. It worked so well and the mint flavour overpowered the coconut taste. It was also delicious without the flavouring. I only used half of it.




The ganache is just soy cream and chocolate chips, but I added some cocoa powder to make it more chocolatey.



I also got to try my new decorating set for the first time.








I love my new recipe book and decorating set and I can't wait to make more delicious cupcakes.


2 comments:

  1. These look amazing! I want that book so badly.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it. There's so many great recipes in it.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...