30 November 2012

Quick rye bread

1 comment    
categories: , , ,
I was looking for a fast bread recipe for a picnic and came across this Quick rye bread recipe from Kitchen Empress. She has step by step photos, so I only took a photo of the bread at the end. I followed the recipe exactly, I even used fennel and cumin seeds because I also didn't have caraway seeds. I have been looking for caraway seeds, but I haven't found any yet.

This bread really is quick to make and gives you a really flavourful bread without the need for hours of rising time. I think it would be fun to experiment with different seeds. Martinus didn't like the fennel seeds, so I'll try something different next time.




I made this salad with baby spinach, basil, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, grated carrot and beetroot, toasted sesame and pumpkin seeds. We also took along olives, olive oil, dukkah, baked smoked tofu slices, brazil nut cheese and dried mango.



1 comment:

  1. lovely blog.
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)