18 November 2012

Food on Koh Samui

6 comments    
categories: , ,
Here's loads of photos of the food we ate on Koh Samui. Oh gosh I want to go back and eat some delicious  cheap food now. You just can't get the same quality of food for those prices here.

Let's start with one of our favourite places of the whole trip. This is the food market at Lamai beach. There's stalls with lots of different types of food, Thai, Indian, pizza etc. You order at the stall and then go take a seat and the food is brought to your table. It's amazing that the people who work here can remember who ordered what from all these tourists.



The delicious fruit shake stall. It's a thin smoothie with water and syrup. You can ask for it without the syrup if you want a healthier smoothie. There's a large variety of fresh fruit and you can pick what you want and even add alcohol if you want for a fruity cocktail.


Our favourite stall, the Thai food. This guy was so quick and made amazing food.


Great vegetable curry from the Indian stall.


Vegetable samoosas with dipping sauce.


Just one of the many Thai curries we got. That's a fruit shake in the back.


I think we got this when we went to Big Buddha beach. This was more Chinese than Thai. I never had Chinese food before I went to Thailand and I absolutely love it. I love the smoky taste.


This is Panang curry from one of the hotels on the beach. It was one of my favourite meals, I still have to try make this at home.


A gigantic Orea shake.


From a little vegetarian restaurant we found by accident.


We thought we'd only eat Thai food when we started out, but sometimes you just crave some bread and potatoes. This delicious veggie burger was from the Irish pub. What I liked about it was that it wasn't trying to taste like a meat pattie, it was just some good vegetables.


Pad Thai from a weekend street market we also found by accident. They give you the basic Pad Thai and there's a variety of toppings you can add yourself.


We went to a fancy vegetarian restaurant for our last night there. It was good and a nice experience, but the market food was definitely the very best.


Tofu skewers with sweet chilli sauce and peanut dipping sauce.


Curry served in a pineapple.


Mushroom curry.


And of course you can always find some fresh cut fruit in Thailand. I tried some of the strange exotic fruits, but good old mango was the best.



6 comments:

  1. I seriously want to lick the screen lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, YUM! Everything looks amazing. I'll have to go and make my dinner now, mouth's watering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had to have Thai food last night :)

      Delete
  3. oooh, i've been to koh samui! it's such a beautiful place, but i wish i had of been older than 15 so i could have tried more of the food at the time. it looks amazing :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com / @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new xmas giveaway to win lots of presents from lush and more! click here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen.

      Thanks for stopping by. It was really the best holiday I've ever had.

      I've already entered your giveaway, I'd love to win all that stuff.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...