09 November 2012

Easy granola bars

6 comments    
categories: , , ,
I used this great Almond-Honey Power Bar recipe from EatingWell and made a few changes to make a delicious snack bar. I think you could customize these in so many ways with this basic recipe.


What I changed:

  • Peanut butter instead of almond butter.
  • Half cup of whole hazelnuts instead of quarter cup of slivered almonds.
  • Rice Krispies instead of unsweetened whole-grain puffed cereal.
  • Half cup dried cranberries and half cup raisins for the fruit.
If you don't eat honey, you could replace it with a different liquid sweetener. It has to be something thick and sticky though because it keeps everything together.


These are great to have in the house as a snack and for late night hunger pangs when you don't want to cook something.




6 comments:

  1. I have to try this, I really do. Looks so yummy.

    You have a really cool blog here. Do you want to follow each other, I would love that.
    Tereza
    http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum cranberries! This will definitely satisfy my late night cravings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're also really quick to make, I made another batch last night :)

      Delete
  3. These look delicious! I love granola.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...