19 October 2012

Vegan Earl Grey Cupcakes

6 comments    
categories: , ,
I found this delicious Vegan Earl Grey Cupcakes with Lemon Buttercream Frosting recipe. It's from the book Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World.


My mom has an amazing cake recipe that she found in a magazine years ago. The original recipe was for a coffee pecan cake, but we've made it with many different flavours. Back, to the earl grey cupcakes, this recipe tastes exactly like my mom's recipe that I know and love. I was so surprised when I tasted the batter and really happy that the baked cupcakes still taste the same.


The only substitutes I made was to use soy milk with lemon juice instead of the soy yoghurt and I added 2 tablespoons of poppyseeds. I only made half of the frosting. I used a soft margarine, so the frosting was very runny and didn't look too pretty, but we ate them all in two days so it doesn't matter. I've found a few more recipes from this book and if they're this good, I'll definitely buy the book.


6 comments:

  1. That's something different, but it looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were delicious. Next time I'll try to get better looking icing, I always seem to have trouble with that.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry the icing didn't go the way that you planned, but they look delish nonetheless :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they still tasted just as good.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They really were, we couldn't stop eating them.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...