12 October 2012

Black Bean Brownies

4 comments    
categories: , , ,
I've been reading the Chocolate-covered Katie blog for a while, but this is the first recipe I've tried. Wow, these No Flour Black Bean Brownies are amazing! Chocolatey and moist and they don't taste healthy at all.


Black beans aren't readily available in South Africa, so I used butter beans and it worked perfectly. The recipe calls for maple syrup, but it's really expensive here, so I used molasses instead. You can taste the strong molasses flavour in the brownies, but I like it. You can also use honey or agave syrup. I don't have a food processor, so I blended the oatmeal in our blender's spice mill before adding it to the other ingredients. You could probably use oatmeal flour too.


Look at that delicious fudgey texture. Katie has lots of healthier recipes for desserts and I definitely recommend checking out her site.


4 comments:

  1. Oh wow these looks pretty darn yummy! I'm going to have give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link and the recipe review! I can't wait to try these out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...