21 September 2012

Soy-Free Vegan Ground "Beef"

2 comments    
categories: , , ,
I tried another meat substitute recipe from Vegnews. This time it was Soy-Free Vegan Ground Beef. The main ingredients are cauliflower and walnuts. I used cashew nuts, because they are less expensive and we didn't have any walnuts.

Our blender came with a spice mill attachment and I use it for curry pastes, but I discovered that it's also perfect for making nut flour.


After blending the cauliflower, nuts and tomato, it will look like this. Not very appetizing at this stage.


A added the seasoning and spread in out on a baking sheet. I was worried that it might not work since I was using a blender instead of a food processor. I don't know how smooth the mixture is supposed to be, but it started firming up in the oven.


Be careful of spreading the mixture too thinly around the edges, because it will burn.


When the mixture cooks and is stirred every now and then, it will end up looking like this.


This is the perfect recipe to use for vegetarian lasagna or anything that requires ground beef. We had it with some bread. I know I'm going to be using this recipe a lot.


2 comments:

  1. Looks very tasty! I might try something like that when I'm making tortillas. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty easy if you have a blender. I want to try a lasagne with this :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...