09 September 2012

Grand Palace Details

12 comments    
categories: ,
There are many different building on the Grand Palace grounds. Most of them are covered with very intricate details such as murals and mosaic. Today I'm sharing some of these details with you.

This is a close up of one of the many murals. The gold parts are shiny.

These ceilings look like old book covers to me.

Some tiny statues "supporting" a larger statue.

Lots and lots of intricate mosaics everywhere.


These little guys surround the whole buliding.

The painted tiles were so beautiful. The larger tiles are all different!

3D mosaic. This must take a very long time to do.

A more toned down version of the very colourful mosaics.

Pretty metalwork. This is something we also saw a lot of on other buildings in Thailand.

Next time I'll share some photos of the Grand Palace buildings.

12 comments:

  1. How amazing, and colourful! I can't believe all the detail, soooo pretty! I'm so glad you guys are back safe and that you had such a great time in Thailand:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy I have all these photos to look at, otherwise it would feel like a dream :)

      Delete
  2. The intricate details is amazing! I enjoyed this post Natasha. Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane. You can look forward to a lot more like it, I have SO MANY photos :D

      Delete
  3. How beautiful - the intricacies in the statuettes and doorways and intense pops of color remind me of many of the historic buildings in the Middle East. We're hoping to make it to Thailand next year (my husband has been 3 times but I've never been...). It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the little details in older buildings. It always seems like people used to put in more effort. We'd love to go again next year, but there are also so many other places we still want to see.

      Delete
  4. wow this is so beautiful!!

    Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really miss Thailand when I look at these photos.

      Delete
  5. The Grand Palace really is stunning to see, isn't it? You could spend forever looking at all the little details. Your photos are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would've spent more time there if I didn't get so hungry :)

      Delete
  6. Wow so many amazing photos and details to absorb. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so grateful for cameras, because I wouldn't be able to remember all the wonderful things.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)