19 August 2012

Glimpse of Thailand

8 comments    
categories: ,
I have over 2000 photos from our trip and there's so much I want to share with you. You'll be reading about Thailand here for a very long time, but I decided to share a few photos today for the curious ones. I'll tell you more about each place and what we did and ate and bought in future posts.

At the Grand Palace in Bangkok. I'll try to get the names of everything when I post the rest of these photos.
I loved all the detailed three-dimensional mosaic.
A street in Silom, Bangkok. Thailand is a developing country like South Africa and you also see lots of wealth contrasting with poverty right next to it.

Lumphini Park in Bangkok. If I lived close to it, I'd go there all the time. We saw a monitor lizard and a turtle.

Outside of Hua Hin night market. There are so many scooters in Thailand! 

Close to Hua Hin. We got so lost this day and walked about 8km in total.
A snorkeling trip close to Koh Samui. Our camera battery died in the middle of the trip, so we missed out on some beautiful photos, but we did manage to get a few nice underwater photos.

Coconut ice cream! 

I did a Thai cooking course, so I hopefully I can recreate some of the great food we had.

We did a lot of swimming in the evening. This bay was like a giant swimming pool and the best place I've ever swam.
That's it for now, but expect lots and lots of Thailand posts in the future.


8 comments:

  1. it looks absolutely stunning there! full of so much culture and interesting things! those 3D mosaics are so cool! I didnt even know/think you could do that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They must have taken ages. The nice thing about Thailand is that you see all kinds of strange things without even going anywhere specific.

      Delete
  2. The photos are very beautiful! Looks like there are so many interesting things to see. The mosaic is just gorgeous, it must have required so much time and patience. I'd also love to try some coconut ice cream! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to try making my own coconut ice cream :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness what wonderful photos! Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was wonderful. It's really difficult getting back to work after all that :D

      Delete
  4. The mosaic is increadible. I wonder if I could DIY something similar (on a very small scale, of course).

    Looks like you had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved. I think this type of mosaic would be perfect for a small project, it can be a bit overwhelming on bigger things.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...