18 June 2012

Peanut brittle ice cream

1 comment    
categories: , ,
I love mixing crushed peanut brittle into vanilla ice cream and I wanted to try make an ice cream that uses peanut brittle to replace the sugar. Today I needed some comfort food, so I tried out my idea and it worked perfectly. I had to add a little sugar to make it sweet enough though. Something you might not know is that the ice cream mixture should be slightly more sweet than you want it, because it will taste less sweet once it is frozen. I didn't take any photos while I was making it, but it's a very easy recipe.




Vegan Peanut Brittle Ice Cream


Ingredients 
  • 400ml light coconut milk
  • 650ml rice milk
  • 200g crushed peanut brittle
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 5 T cornflour
  • 1/2 T vanilla extract

Method
  • Mix cornflour and 50ml rice milk in a small bowl.
  • Heat coconut milk and remaining rice milk over a medium heat.
  • Add crushed peanut brittle to milk mixture and stir occasionally until the brittle melts.
  • Add vanilla.
  • Mix in cornflour mixture.
  • Remove the mixture from the stove and let cool.
  • Freeze according to your ice cream maker's instructions.

That's it. You can try making this without an ice cream maker, but it really helps to make your ice cream very smooth. I added some chocolate chips at first, but then I also melted some dark chocolate with just enough rice milk to make a chocolate sauce.



1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and I love it. This looks so good as well. I will be stopping by again shortly.
    Carlee

    http://almostendearing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)