15 May 2012

Smoked Tofu Pie

2 comments    
categories: , ,
I love smoked tofu, it's so much better than boring flavourless tofu and one of my all-time favourite foods. I made this delicious pie for my birthday dinner and it was perfect. This is more of a guide than a recipe. The great thing about pie is that you can put just about anything you want in it and it'll taste good.



First I pressed the puff pastry into the pie dish and baked it until it was golden brown. I love this little pie dish, it's a smaller version of the one my mom has.

  

I stir-fried about 7 of these Portabellini mushrooms and one small red onion. I added about a teaspoon of dried sweet basil.



Robertson's has new packaging. I like the adjustable top, I usually have to screw off the top of the bottle when I want to get a full teaspoon. There's also some information and a recipe on the back.



I added a handful of chopped spinach to the mushroom and onion mixture.



I added the cooked mixture to the pie dish and topped it with blocks of smoked tofu.


I added more puff pastry on top and rolled the rest of the pastry into little balls to put on top. I sprayed the pie with some cooking spray and sprinkled it with sesame and poppy seeds.


Perfectly golden delicious pie.




2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...