05 May 2012

Chocolate lava cake failure

2 comments    
categories: 
I was home alone last night and had a craving for chocolate lava cake. I found what I thought was the perfect recipe, Chocolate Peanut Butter Lava Cake For One. I was expecting this to be one of those recipes you almost wish you didn't have, because it's so easy that you can't help but make it way too often.


It didn't set in the oven, it was still very runny even after letting it bake longer than the instructions told me. It still looked like it would be good, but it ended up just being really sickeningly sweet. I'd misread the sugar quantity, so even though I thought I'd halved it, I used way too much. The worst part is that I ended up eating most of it because I didn't want to waste all that chocolate and felt awful the rest of the evening. Sometimes mixing a bunch of delicious things just doesn't work out.

2 comments:

  1. It looks so yummy that I would have eaten it too, thinking with every bit: I should not eat this! Hope you feel better today

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would've eaten it all still, too. It does look so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)