14 October 2011

Hermanus picnic

2 comments    
categories: , , ,
I haven't taken photos of the new bag yet, but here are some photos of our picnic in Hermanus. I love that a picnic on the beach is something we can do in the middle of the week now instead of just once a year.








I made this phyllo pastry samoosa. It was so easy. I just put 2 pieces of dark chocolate, some dessicated coconut and some crushed pecan nuts on a strip of pastry that I'd brushed with oil. Then I folded the pastry into a samoosa shape, brushed the outside with oil and baked it until golden. The chocolate might harden again when it cools, but I made these just before we went to the beach so they were still delightfully soft and amazing.

2 comments:

  1. I thought it came out of some fancy delicatessen. It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I made more the next week and let them set. They're delicious either way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...