07 September 2011

Homemade bread

Comment here    
categories: ,
I found this great recipe for easy homemade bread. You mix the ingredients and leave it for 2 hours. No kneading. Then you keep the container in the fridge and take out dough to bake whenever you want. It's supposed to keep for up to 2 days. I tried it the other night. You should refrigerate the dough overnight after the first 2 hours, but I couldn't wait any longer and baked one roll right away.

 
I used white bread flour from Eureka Mills. It is stone ground and much better than regular over processed flour. The dough will rise dramatically after the first 2 hours. It will collapse again in the fridge and only rise when you bake it.

I brushed the dough with olive oil and sprinkled it with sesame and sunflower seeds. It is meant to be baked on a baking stone, but I don't have one, so I just used a regular baking tray lined with baking paper.


My delicious freshly baked roll.


I had it with some fried plum tomatoes and red bell pepper and this easy Home-made apricot chutney.



This is a very easy recipe and the results are amazing. The flavour of the dough is said to develop over time, so I look forward to the next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...