We went to the Caledon Wildflower Show last weekend. I took close to a hundred photos, so I'll only add a few of the most interesting ones here.
I love proteas.
These ones look so much like little people to me:
We bought stone ground cake flour from the Bio-Wheat stall and I baked a cake yesterday using the easy recipe on the back of the bag. Here it is:
Bio-Wheat "Eezy-Peezy" Chocolate Cake
- 750ml (3 cups) Bio-Wheat Cake flour
- 20ml (4 tsp) baking powder
- 5ml (1 tsp) bicarbonate of soda
- 80ml cocoa
- Pinch of salt
- 500ml (2 cups) sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) oil
- 500ml (2 cups) boiling water
- 50ml vinegar
- 10ml (2 tsp) vanilla essence
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Mix liquids together and pour slowly into dry ingredients.
- Whisk mixture until smooth.
- Pour into greased cake pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Decorate to taste