22 September 2011

First bag on my new sewing machine

2 comments    
categories: ,



My sewing machine was stolen before we moved to Stanford, but I have a new Bernette 56 so I am sewing again. I love this machine, it is stronger and more accurate than my previous one and it also has more decorative stitches. I made a handbag for my friend and wanted to try out some of the new stitches.












I used a decorative scallop stitch on the front of the bag in three different colours. I also used a pre-knitted acrylic wool strip as a border for the stitches.



















This bag is very different from my previous ones. I will be using more unpatterned fabric in the future. I have split up my products into two ranges; using new or upcycled materials. Most of the upcycled bags will be plain fabric with added decoration, because they are generally made from clothes.

















I also used the pre-knitted strip for the straps. This is the first time I've done this, so I'm curious to see how it holds up. I have so many ideas for new products and it will be so much easier with this sewing machine. Look forward to many new products soon.








2 comments:

  1. Wow! These sewing machines look nice. I am also dealing in repair of the sewing machines. Please suggest me some idea to make my business online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's a great machine, I haven't had any problems with it yet. I would really suggest reading articles on Etsy, they have great advice for anyone with a business.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you! (Don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away, it has to be approved by me before going onto the site to avoid spam messages)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...